Huqna (enema/ clyster) is a process which is applied for the removal of superfluities from the stomach and intestine. In this process liquefied drugs or some medicinal preparations are injected or introduced into the lower bowel per rectum by an instrument.
While performing enema, certain medicinal preparations like herbal concoctions of sesame oil are used in a liquid medium. This is one of the best and safest methods for elimination of vitiated humours and waste material from the intestine.
Indications of Huqna (Enema)
Huqna relieves disorders such as arthritis, gout, rheumatism, muscle spasms and headaches. Many other diseases such as constipation, distention of stomach, sexual diseases, kidney stones, chronic fever, cold, cardiac pain, backache, sciatica and other pains in the joints are being treated by using medicated enemas.
The main objectives of Huqna (Enema) are:
- To eliminate the vitiated humours and waste material from the intestine
- To relieve certain pains like kidney and bladder pain
- To resolve inflammatory condition of the adjacent organs of rectum
- To relieve colic pain of stomach, intestine and other viscera
- To relieve constipation particularly in the case of intestinal atony and distention of stomach etc.